The following is official policy of this wiki.
No personal attacks
User page policy
User image policy
The user page policy is meant to encourage users to work more on articles, and not spend all of their time on customizing their user pages. Your user page is not your primary contribution to this wiki.
However, user pages do serve a useful purpose, and regular users are encouraged to create a user page which gives some information about themselves, and helps organize their contributions to both the wiki and the community of Harry Potter fandom. For more information on what user pages can be used for, see Wikipedia:User page. This does not in any way indicate Wikipedia policies apply to the Harry Potter Fanon Wiki, and is meant only to provide suggestions for user page construction.
Thus, we discourage users from working primarily on user pages. All users and their user pages must comply with the following rules:
Rules for user page use
User pages in violation of the following policies will be edited or deleted in order to comply with these policies. Users repeatedly in violation of these rules may be blocked according to the deletion policy of this wiki.
- User pages are not for your personal fanon, fan-fiction stories or articles. For those purposes, use the HP Fanon Wiki properly.
- User pages must comply with the image policy.
- User pages and images within must be "safe for work": no content which is unsuitable for a family audience or would be likely to disturb or offend other users. Any illegal or inappropriate content or links to such material is forbidden.
- User sub-pages unrelated to Harry Potter, its fandom elements, and this wiki are not are not allowed.
- Secondary accounts set up primarily in order to have a second user page are disallowed, according to the Sock puppetry policy page.
- If a user wishes to change his or her name, their old pages must be either moved to sub-pages of the new user name's page, or deleted. The original user page may be kept, if content is restricted to a note redirecting the reader to the new user name.
Excessive user page edits
Remember, Your user page is not your primary contribution to this wiki. Users who edit their user pages excessively will be subject to sanction.
- Excessive user page editing, in this case, is defined as over 500 user page edits to less than 100 useful main space/template/category edits. (To check your edit count, enter your user name at Special:Editcount.)
In cases of excessive user page edits, admins will protect offending pages after a warning. These pages may be unprotected after the user has begun making useful edits to articles.