The following is official policy of this wiki.
No personal attacks
User page policy
User image policy
All users may post block requests at the Harry Potter Fanon Wiki:Requests for administrator attention, or on the message pages of the various HPFW Administrators. Because of the dynamic nature of IPs, and the related risk of collateral damage, most blocks should be in the range of 24 hours to 1 month, with exceptions noted below. Only in very rare cases should non-proxy IPs be blocked for more than three months.
When considering blocking, it is important to remember the axiom "Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity" — article blanking may be just a well-meant attempt to remove inaccurate information or expand the encyclopedia. Always assume good faith, but remember that the rules apply to everyone equally.
Grounds for blocking
- Vandalism – Vandalism is defined as any bad-faith edit made with the intent to lower the quality of the wiki or disrupt the functioning of the community. In most cases, users should be warned prior to blocking, though final discretion is left to the administrators.
- Spam – Posting irrelevant spam links in articles, or creating articles which are entirely spam is grounds for an infinite block (for registered users) or a shorter-term IP block.
- Move vandalism – Page move vandalism (moving an article to a nonsensical or inappropriate title) is grounds for immediate indefinite bans.
- Disruption – Users who disrupt the wiki (be it via changing other people's comments, making misleading edits, or harassing other users) may also be blocked.
- Copyright violations – Users who continually post copyrighted material despite being warned should be blocked so as to prevent further violations.
- Blanking pages – users should typically be warned prior to being blocked for page blanking, except in extreme cases where the blanking is obviously being done with malicious intent - e.g., 4 articles blanked in one minute.
- Personal attacks – Users attacking other editors personally (in regards to anything) should be given one warning prior to a cool-off ban. The length of the ban is dependent on the severity of personal attacks.